- North Easterly winds are 'RINISING' south eastern coast of India especially Tamilnadu. The SWM 2010 withdrawal is evident by widespread TS activity in Tamilnadu. Usually withdrawal will be pronounced in coastal areas, where as during this SWM 2010 withdrawal period interior and western parts of TN is experiencing more TS activity than the coastal area.
- My immediate boss pointed out a peculiar scenario in which it is noted that western Pacific High Pressure system located in China, is drifting towards WEST.
- This upper winds drag clouds along its path.
- Further the resultant reaction between receding westerlies and the meso scale incoming easterlies cause horizontal vortex to form and resulted in TS in interior to western parts of TN.
- It is interpreted from model OUTPUTS that in the entire troposphere, easterlies will be strengthening within next 36 hrs to proclaim the onset of NEM 2010.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Posted by Kaneyen at 8:59:00 PM
@christin_mathew >> Where in chennai is raining now ? In saidapet no rain now. Follow us for more weather updates & forecasts.
Posted by Rakesh R at 7:03:00 PM
RT @nirutots: Did I bring rain from Kovai to Chennai? Chennai wasn't this way when I left to Kovai!! (3:57pm)
Posted by Rakesh R at 5:40:00 PM
Chennai - now 5:38pm, intermittent mild showers & Drizzles continue... Clouds starting to move from N-N-E.
Posted by Rakesh R at 5:39:00 PM
The loose spiraling clouds of Typhoon Chaba are spread across most of the Philippine Sea in this true-color image from October 27, 2010. When the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Terra satellite acquired the image at 10:25 a.m. local time (2:25 UTC), Chaba was strengthening into a Category 3 storm. Two hours earlier, the Joint Typhoon Warning Center estimated Chaba’s winds to be 95 knots (176 kilometers per hour or 109 miles per hour), and the storm reached 100 knots (185 km/hr or 115 mph) by 2:00 p.m. local time. Chaba was forecast to weaken into a tropical storm before going ashore over Japan on about October 30.
The large image is the highest-resolution version of the image. The image is available in additional resolutions from the MODIS Rapid Response Team.
Nagercoil - Sharp showers just now started 3:33pm... very dark now, No wind and No lightning yet!
Posted by Rakesh R at 3:36:00 PM
IMD has maintained the watch for commencement of northeast monsoon rains over Tamil Nadu and adjoining Peninsular India around Friday
Posted by Rakesh R at 1:21:00 PM
Chennai - Heavily cloudy now 1:10pm, reports of rain over N-W Chennai. Wind is from N-W.. by tonight the wind direction will be from E-N-E
Posted by Rakesh R at 1:13:00 PM
@sudhan_updated >> Where is it raining in Chennai now ?? In Saidapet no rain Yet ..!
Posted by Rakesh R at 1:11:00 PM
@mollyjbs_shawty >> Try following us for latest weather updates, reports & forecasts.. or visit us at www.indianweatherman.com
Posted by Rakesh R at 1:10:00 PM
RT @twit4sss: Yipeee...Its Raining at Ambattur..hope the monsoon from today..Thanks to @weatherofindia 's prediction.
On 31-Oct, a weak circulation is expected all along N. tamilnadu coast.. this will strengthen the N-E monsoon over Tamilnadu.
Posted by Rakesh R at 11:26:00 AM
The present circulation over Bay is expected to move W-N-W and cross S-E Tamilnadu coast on 31-Oct.